I was there, there in the national mall with the other millions of people.
Let me tell you, it was unbelievable day.
What a great note to start out my new blog with, a day filled with happiness, hope, and new dreams for millions of people, and I WAS THERE.
The energy was radiating from everyone around me, everyone that was squished against me.
It was an incredible moment, and the mockery I continuously endured for going without having the tickets was well worth it. A moment in history that I witnessed, and was a physical part of !
Wow!
It was incredible, it really was, I cried, yelled, laughed, and froze my ass off.
Did I mention I have lived in Florida for 8 years, and went from high 70's to below freezing, and I mean very below freezing.
When I got back to the hotel, one of the managers asked us how it was so my sister and I started to talk to him about it, and we got to the temperature factor, and he told us it never got above 20 degrees is what he had heard. But the thing he asked me next made me think, he asked if I would do it again, and I seriously thought about it, and the answer I gave him was yes.
It was painful being so cold, it was painful waking up at 1 in the morning, it was madness walking in the midst of hundreds of thousands of people, but it was SO WORTH IT!
Once I get some pictures updated, I will write about every moment I can think of, or at least some for those of you who didn't get to go to such an incredible event.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment